May 21, 2020
Hollingsworth message on COVID-19
As the states continue to implementing reopening strategies, Hollingsworth continues to operate maintaining a very safe work environment across all our sites. This was evidenced recently with unannounced visits from prominent safety governing body to a number of our sites to review our COVID-19 protocols, tools and records. The representatives commented that Hollingsworth is, by far, further ahead of most businesses in the region that they have visited. Our preventative measures, diligence towards safety protocols and evidence through record keeping were excellent.
At Hollingsworth, we have benchmarked our protocols and practices against some of the largest companies in the world, however getting an independent perspective was great and reassures that we are taking the right actions to keep our employees, customers and other stakeholders safe and healthy when visiting onsite.
We are very proud of our teams and appreciate everyone pulling together at this time.
As we continue to do everything to ensure the safety of our employees and our constituents, we are also educating and encouraging our employees to consider the same awareness and measures at home. In conversations with senior medical professionals, it is clear to us that this virus is a community based challenge, so it is critical that everyone is being as safe at home as they are at work. With the holiday weekend upon us, we are asking for everyone to stay safe, and have a particular focus on keeping group gatherings to less than 10 people, practicing social distancing and washing their hands often.
Initiatives that continue to contribute to our safety strategy include:
- Continue to procure disposable face masks and have reusable material face masks made for all our employees.
- Deployed plexiglass dividers and face shields in areas where social distancing is a challenge.
- Continue requiring daily COVID-19 surveys and temperature checks for all employees nationally, including all drivers and visitors before entering the premises.
- Focusing on restroom cleanliness throughout the country. Over the past couple of weeks, we have deployed refreshed awareness notifications, educational posters and social distancing methods.
- Continue to investigate new heightened sanitation strategies for office areas and the operations.
Hollingsworth continues to be considered part of the critical infrastructure/essential service. Being part of critical supply chains and therefore remains exempt from county, state and federal shelter-in-place orders. We continue to evaluate state-specific shut down orders to determine any impact on the local Hollingsworth facilities. For now, all facilities where our customers require us to be open, are open and running, continuing to proudly deliver on our customer commitments.
We would like to reiterate, practicing good hygiene is the most effective way to protect ourselves and our loved ones and prevent the spread of viruses year-round, not just during a COVID-19 pandemic.
Ensure we are all continuing with the basics:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue paper (or the crook of your arm) and immediately dispose of the tissue after use.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in-between hand washing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Disinfect hard surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
With COVID-19 specifically, it is critical that we all continue to practice social distancing where possible, at work and at home. We are all in this together and we will get through it together.
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact your Hollingsworth representative.
Additional COVID-19 Announcements and Information:
- COVID-19 announcement from May 6, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from April 23, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from April 14, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from April 8, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 13, 2020