April 8, 2020
Hollingsworth message on COVID-19
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Hollingsworth still holds our employee’s health and safety as our top priority. The continued efforts, awareness and dedication of our staff has helped us maintain a very safe work environment across all our sites. We are really proud and appreciate everyone pulling together at this time.
Since our last message on March 30, we have continued to add and improve measures across our business. Some of these driven by decisions made in certain states and counties, others being new improvement initiatives generated by members of our teams.
Examples of some of the new initiatives being deployed:
- We have deployed a paper- and web-based COVID-19 Health Questionnaire, translated into 3 languages to enable understanding for all staff, at all our Wayne County, MI locations to align with new policy. Our IT team developed the electronic questionnaire over a weekend to enable us to deploy effectively and successfully this week
- The questionnaire is being deployed nationwide as a measure to ensure any new hires into our locations are being screened before going on-site to ensure our safe environments are protected
- We have implemented a rotational schedule for both corporate and senior plant management to ensure that we have redundancy in leadership should someone become exposed or infected and have to be in isolation for a period
- Various plants have installed further social distancing guidance tools, from floor markings to awareness messages on badges
- With the messaging from the CDC changing somewhat recently with regards to the use of face masks in the work place, we are encouraging those that would like to wear masks to do so. We are also sourcing face masks for our teams at the moment, they are not easy to come by, but once we have stocks available for consistent deployment and up keep we will be issuing these to our employees
A reminder, Hollingsworth continues to be considered an essential service, being part of critical supply chains and therefore remains exempt from county, state and federal shelter-in-place orders. We continue to evaluate state specific shut down orders to determine any impact on the local Hollingsworth facilities. For now, all facilities where our customers require us to be open, are open and running, continuing to proudly deliver on our customer commitments.
We would like to reiterate, practicing good hygiene is the most effective way to protect ourselves and our loved ones and prevent the spread of viruses year-round, not just COVID-19.
Continue with the basics:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue (or the crook of your arm) and immediately dispose of the tissue after use
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in between hand washing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick
- Disinfect hard surfaces regularly
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
With COVID-19 specifically, it is critical that we all continue to practice social distancing where possible, at work and at home. We are all in this together and we will get through it together.
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact your Hollingsworth representative.
Watch Mike McNamara, President of Hollingsworth as he delivers our COVID-19 message:
- COVID-19 announcement from March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 13, 2020