March 30, 2020
Hollingsworth message on COVID-19
In these extraordinary times, Hollingsworth would like to reiterate that the health and safety of our employees has and always will be our top priority.
To date, we are proud to report that we do not have any positive tests for COVID-19 at Hollingsworth. The continued efforts, awareness and dedication of our staff has helped us maintain this status, we are really proud and appreciate everyone pulling together at this time.
As the epicenters of the virus shifts around the country, it is important that we remain vigilant, and even more responsive to the best possible cleanliness habits throughout our facilities.
To this point, we are taking further actions this week to continue to drive the best possible preventative measures throughout, including but not limited to:
- All plants are increasing the cleaning efforts across all commonly touched surfaces.
- We continue to ensure our plants have sufficient supplies to facilitate the cleaning.
- At operations where shift patterns allow, we are reorganizing shift start and end times to allow for further thorough cleansing of work stations throughout the facilities when there is no one present.
- Our maintenance and janitorial staff are also looking to add sticker notes once they have been through an area to confirm with employees that the area has been sanitized.
A reminder, Hollingsworth continues to be considered an essential service, being part of critical supply chains and therefore remains exempt from county, state and federal shelter-in-place orders. We continue to evaluate state specific shut down orders to determine any impact on Hollingsworth’s facilities. For now, all facilities where our customers require us to be open, are open and running, continuing to proudly deliver on our customer commitments.
We would like to reiterate, practicing good hygiene is the most effective way to protect ourselves and our loved ones and prevent the spread of viruses year-round, not just COVID-19.
Continue with the basics:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue (or the crook of your arm) and immediately dispose of the tissue after use.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in-between hand washing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Disinfect hard surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
With COVID-19 specifically, it is critical that we all continue to practice social distancing where possible, at work and at home. We are all in this together and we will get through it together.
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact your Hollingsworth representative.