Sustainable Business Practices With Hollingsworth
Sustainability is a critical part of the modern supply chain, resulting in cost savings and increased efficiency in addition to benefiting the environment and reducing harmful impacts. Hollingsworth puts priority on our sustainability initiatives, which have proven success in recycling hundreds of tons of materials each year.
Hollingsworth achieves sustainability in our supply chain management and other services by:
- Locating warehouses and fulfillment centers optimally to reduce transportation distances (emissions)
- Arranging warehouses to enable the least amount of product movement and removement, saving energy and fuel
- Optimizing the supply chain for minimum usage of resources
In 2016, Hollingsworth recycled a total of 817.05 tons. This saved numerous resources, most notably:
- 13,890 trees
- 5,719,343 gallons of water
- 3,431,606 KW of electricity
- 2,778 yards of landfill
- 334,990 gallons of fuel
- 49,023 pounds of air pollution
Federal International, which offers smart solutions for recycling and waste, presented us with a recycling award to recognize our efforts.