April 14, 2020
Hollingsworth message on COVID-19
Even with some early positive signs being reported around the potential flattening of the curves, it is important to remain vigilant. The health and safety of our employees remain our top priority. The awareness and dedication of our staff continues to help us maintain a very safe work environment across all our sites. We are really proud and appreciate everyone pulling together at this time.
Since our last message on April 8, and as we have done since the start of this pandemic, we continue to add and improve measures across our business. We continue to further develop and improve our corporate response protocol and as with everyone in the world, we are developing and deploying the blueprint for how the new normal will be for business into the future.
Some of the new initiatives being deployed this week include:
- All plants received informational posters and help guides around making your own and best practices for using masks both in the workplace and at home in your everyday activities.
- We continue to track and deploy the shipment of masks to all our sites. The supply chain on essential goods is backed up, however, we should be receiving our first bulk shipment later this week and already have subsequent smaller shipments in transit to continue replenishing our plants after the initial deployment.
- We continue to stress and educate all about social distancing, not only in the workplace, but also while at home and in transit to work.
- With the success in rolling out the online and paper based mandated COVID-19 questionnaire in our Wayne County, Michigan locations over the past two weeks, we are now deploying the questionnaire throughout our operations nationally,
- After successful trials of thermometer temperature testing at some locations, we are deploying thermometers to all other sites nationally, an initiative that has received very positive feedback from the employees as they feel safer knowing that everyone is being checked daily. We are also encouraging employees to take their own temperature before leaving home in the morning to try and identify any symptoms before getting to the workplace.
- We have also tested infrared thermal cameras at some sites with a high number of employees. The camera works exceptionally well at scanning each person coming through the door for a fever. Following the success, we are rolling out further cameras nationally to our high volume employee locations to streamline the temperature checking process.
A reminder, Hollingsworth continues to be considered part of critical infrastructure/essential service, being part of critical supply chains and therefore remains exempt from county, state and federal shelter-in-place orders. We continue to evaluate state specific shut down orders to determine any impact on the local Hollingsworth facilities.
For now, all facilities where our customers require us to be open, are open and running, continuing to proudly deliver on our customer commitments.
We would like to reiterate, practicing good hygiene is the most effective way to protect ourselves and our loved ones and prevent the spread of viruses year-round, not just during COVID-19.
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact your Hollingsworth representative.
- COVID-19 announcement from April 8, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 13, 2020