April 23, 2020
Hollingsworth message on COVID-19
With talks of reopening circling federal, state and local departments, Hollingsworth remains focused and vigilant in its approach to the health and safety of its employees. The awareness and dedication of our staff continues to help us maintain a very safe work environment across all our sites. We are really proud and appreciate everyone pulling together at this time.
Since our last message on April 13, and as we have done since the start of this pandemic, we continue to add and improve measures across our business. We continue to further develop and improve our corporate response protocol and as with everyone in the world, we are developing and deploying the blueprint for how the new normal will be for business into the future.
Some updates and initiatives being deployed this week include:
- We continue to distribute educational tutorials and posters encouraging and helping employees to make masks for their families and to bring along to work
- We have received our first shipment of masks from our suppliers, but the supply chain continues to be a challenge, leading us to the conclusion that we will struggle to delivery daily masks to every employee on a consistent basis in the short term, so making and brining reusable masks is most critical
- We have initiated some competitions throughout the sites to help drive mask creation and behavior, with employees encouraged to take a photo and submit. Some fun during these times is important, so we are looking forward to seeing creativity from all
- We continue to stress and educate all about social distancing, not only in the workplace, but also while at home and in transit to work
- The COVID-19 survey for each employee daily continues to be received well by the employees nationally
- Every site now either has a thermal camera thermometer or handheld no touch thermometer for temperature checking
A reminder, Hollingsworth continues to be considered part of critical infrastructure / essential service, being part of critical supply chains and therefore remains exempt from county, state and federal shelter-in-place orders. We continue to evaluate state specific shut down orders to determine any impact on the local Hollingsworth facilities. For now, all facilities where our customers require us to be open, are open and running, continuing to proudly deliver on our customer commitments.
We would like to reiterate, practicing good hygiene is the most effective way to protect ourselves and our loved ones and prevent the spread of viruses year-round, not just COVID-19.
Continue with the basics:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue (or the crook of your arm) and immediately dispose of the tissue after use
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in between hand washing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick
- Disinfect hard surfaces regularly
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact your Hollingsworth representative.
- COVID-19 announcement from April 14, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from April 8, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 announcement from March 13, 2020